What happens when we, through the process of art making and communal living, see each other close up and personal without armor – the messy hair, the pajama wearing, the teary eyed – imperfect intersections where we get to see humanity through each others’ lives.
What happens when you go outside of your routines to enlarge your circle of comfort? The bed a little creaky, the temperature too hot or cold, and where the art can take you into deep wells. In this place, the circle of comfort expands and grows – like those bubbles that we used to blow when we were kids. Imagining the bubble never popping but expanding, contracting – and we learn how to be in it. When it contracts, we know that it may be time to seek out comfort – take a long bath, eat a peach, move away from the thing that is challenging you or perhaps sink into it deeper.
What happens when we take time and space to marvel at the creative forces at work around the universe.
It teaches us what it is to be human – vulnerable, beautifully flawed creatures – enlarging our world, our lives, our community.
By James on December 7th, 2017
Find one extraordinary villa nestled on the top of a beautiful mountain top village in Italy. Invite great artists to share their love & expertise of various art forms. Welcome creatives from all over the world to live in the villa and learn, create, share, laugh, cry, together. Add slowly and intentionally the following ingredients:
- Wake up to the swallows chatter calling to you – don’t miss a moment of this dream
- Move your body, mind, and spirit
- Daily deep breathing infused with the scents of lavender, rosemary, and jasmine
- Feast on homemade warm dark crust bread slathered with frutta de bosca jam and runny cheese (or artisan nutella…)
- Learn new ways to express ideas and feelings
- Walk cobbled roads to ancient castles, and waterfalls
- Say buongiorno to your Italian neighbors
- Feast your eyes on chestnut forests, marble mountains in every shade of blue
- Explore ancient buildings dating back to medieval times
- Have your second or third cup of cappuccino with another piece of that bread….
- Take a siesta on the balcony listening to the quiet
- Wander down to the studio at any hour of the day or night and create something, repeat this step several time a day
- Sit a a tavola amongst new friends as you drink the vino nouvo and eat beautiful produce that still tastes of the earth and prosciutto and pecorino cheese that has been lovingly produced in the neighboring villages
- Say buona notte as you witness the stars and the fireflies dancing in the distance
By Carol on August 11th, 2015
We will be positing soon with information about our upcoming Italy workshops, updates on our personal work and more. Stay tuned!